Used Vehicle Information Package
Under law, private sellers of most motor vehicles (car, van, light truck with up to 3,000 kilograms gross weight, self-propelled motor home, motorcycle) must provide buyers with a Used Vehicle Information Package (UVIP).
The UVIP contains:
- Description of the vehicle (Vehicle Indentification Number, plate number, year, make, model, colour, body type, cylinders, power, status, brand)
- Ontario vehicle registration history
- Odometer information
- Outstanding debts on the vehicle
- Wholesale and retail values for the vehicle's model and year, if available
- Retail sales tax requirements
- Bill of sale
- Tips on vehicle safety standards inspections
The Used Vehicle Information Package costs $20 and is available online from ServiceOntario. Visit the Ministry of Transportation website for more information on buying, selling or transferring used vehicles.
<< Previous Next >>